YCAR’s Professional Development Fund subsidizes relevant experiences for its Graduate Associates to present their scholarly or creative work. Amounts awarded will range from $50 to $500 with the expectation that they will be used in conjunction with other awards.
The next deadline is Monday, 30 January 2023 by 16:00 EST for activities taking place six months before and six months after the deadline.
- YCAR Graduate Associates are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to applications from students registered in the Graduate Diploma in Asian Studies.
- Students must be Graduate Associates on the date of application and the date of presentation.
- Expenses must be incurred within six (6) months of the application.
- Registration and transportation expenses necessary to present scholarly or creative work at recognized events, e.g., conferences, colloquia, poster presentations and exhibitions.
- Disability accommodation costs (e.g., attendant care, medical equipment costs, accessible transportation, interpreters, note takers)
Amount of allocations
Allocation amounts may vary based on the amount of applications and the number of high-expense applications in any given application cycle.
Successful applications will normally be allocated a portion rather than the total amount of any expense, between C$50 and C$500. Students are expected to use the most economical option available and are encouraged to seek other sources of funding. For more information, visit the YPDF web page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on funding and awards: https://ycar.apps01.yorku.ca/research-fellowships-awards/