YCAR’s Professional Development Fund subsidizes relevant expenses for YCAR Graduate Associates to present their scholarly or creative work.
Amounts awarded will range from $50 to $500 with the expectation that they will be used in conjunction with other awards.
The next deadline is Monday, 1 February 2021 by 4pm for activities taking place six month before and six month after the deadline.
- YCAR Graduate Associates are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to applications from students registered in the Graduate Diploma in Asian Studies.
- Students must be Graduate Associates on the date of application and the date of presentation.
- Registration and transportation expenses necessary to present scholarly or creative work at recognized events, e.g., conferences, colloquia, poster presentations and exhibitions.
- Disability accommodation costs (e.g., attendant care, medical equipment costs, accessible transportation, interpreters, note-takers)
- Expenses must be incurred within six (6) months of the application.
Amount of Allocations
Allocation amounts may vary based on the amount of applications and the number of high-expense applications in any given application cycle.
Successful applications will be allocated a portion rather than the total amount of transportation costs, between C$50 and C$500. Students are expected to use the most economical option available and are encouraged to seek other sources of funding.
Regardless of event dates, the maximum number of allocations provided in a given academic year is one per graduate student.
Awarded fund are made available to the awardee as reimburseable expenses. The awardee must produce appropriate receipts and other related documentation to receive the awarded funds.
Application Form: http://laps.apps01.yorku.ca/machform/view.php?id=145195
Supervisor’s Form: http://laps.apps01.yorku.ca/machform/view.php?id=146381