Excellence in Philippine Studies / Filipinx Diaspora Studies writing
The Philippine Studies Group invites course directors and teaching assistants to nominate exceptional student papers for the Excellence in Philippine Studies/ Filipinx Diaspora Studies writing awards.
Criteria for nominations:
- The submission should be an original and unrevised version of a term paper or creative project
- It should have a substantive focus related to the Philippines or the Filipino/a/ix Diaspora
- It should have been submitted for a York university class or requirement in the 2022–23 academic year
- It should not have been published or recognized elsewhere prior to submission
Submissions from the Nominator must include:
- Name, department and email of the nominator
- The student’s name, programme, year of study and email address
- A brief paragraph justifying the submission
- A PDF scan of the student’s unrevised essay with the marker’s original comments on the essay included
A small monetary award is available for one award recipient per category:
- Undergraduate paper | $500
- Masters Research paper | $500
- PhD dissertation | $750
- PhD dissertation honourable mention | $600
Nominations are accepted on an ongoing basis until midnight on Tuesday, 30 May 2023.
The winning paper or creative project will be published online as part of the “Philippine Studies Group Working Paper Series,” a special occasional paper or creative project series at YCAR.
Questions and submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “PSG Excellence in Philippine Studies/ Filipinx Diaspora Studies” on the subject line.