Financial Coordinator, Asian Business and Management Program
Employment Category: Part time (up to 24 hours)
Posting Number: 100381
Job Start Date: 01-06-2020
Job End Date: 08-03-2020
Compensation:* Hourly Rate:$20.94
The Financial Coordinator supports the Asian Business and Management Program (ABMP) in the planning and execution of its financial reporting and activities, including preparation of standardized finance and payroll forms as well as preparation of budgets and various financial reports for the program.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
A. Finance Administration (95%)
1. Assists the Executive Director/Training Director in budget planning and forecasts by reviewing past years’ expenditures and then preparing short-term and long-term budget plans, in accordance to specific York University.
2. Reviews ABMP’s budget submissions to ensure compliance with York University guidelines and requirements.
3. Monitors and reconciles ABMP’s operating and research budgets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis by reviewing and identifying discrepancies, and creating journal entries to correct the discrepancies, as appropriate.
4. Prepares financial forms (journal transfers, claims for reimbursement of expenses, cheque requisitions, payroll time sheets,
wire transfers, purchase orders, and process payment for suppliers, etc.) for review and approval. Also responsible for receiving and depositing of payments to ABMP.
5. Acts as liaison with Finance, Payroll and Research Accounting at York and external program contacts in Canada and internationally.
6. Prepares, under the guidance of the Executive Director/Training Director interim and final narrative and financial reports as required.
B. Other related duties as required (5%)
Perform Other related duties as required. Not to exceed 5%
Job Qualification and Related Skill Requirements
- Completion of university degree.
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience in financial functions in an academic or related unit.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written.
- Financial management skills for budget monitoring and reconciliation
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to handle confidential material including personal information, payroll details and other intellectual property
- Strong time management skills and excellent ability to multi-task
For more information or to apply: https://jobs-ca.technomedia.com/yorkuniversity/?_3x4200S3Z4U11Kd90b7752-00ef-40fb-bf17-a49eb8499940&offerid=383