The York Centre for Asian Research (YCAR) invites course directors and teaching assistants to nominate exceptional (undergraduate or graduate) student papers or creative projects for the YCAR Global Hong Kong Students Essay and Creative Project Awards.
A small monetary award of $400 is available for one award recipient.
The winning paper or creative project will be published online as part of “New Voices on Global Hong Kong,” a special occasional paper or creative project series at YCAR.
Essay or Creative Project criteria:
- The submission should be an original and unrevised version of a term paper or creative project (including creative projects in the field of Arts, Media, Performance and Design)
- It should have a substantive focus related to Hong Kong or the Hong Kong Diaspora
- It should have been submitted for a York university class in the 2021–22 academic year
- It should not have been published or recognized elsewhere prior to submission
Submissions from the Nominator must include:
- Name, department and email of the nominator
- The student’s name, programme, year of study and email address
- A brief paragraph justifying the submission
- For essay submission: A scan of the student’s unrevised essay with the marker’s original comments on the essay included
- For creative project submission: A 300-word rationale (from the student) for the creative work with the project’s title, medium information, 4-6 images, and a hyperlink for the final work online (if available)
Nominations are accepted on an ongoing basis until midnight on Friday, 28 April 2023. Please use this form for nominations: https://laps.apps01.yorku.ca/machform/view.php?id=1298092
The awards will be adjudicated by the YCAR Bernard H.K. Luk Memorial Lecture in Hong Kong Studies Committee. Questions and submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.