The Emerging Asian Urbanism series at the York Centre for Asian Research (YCAR) is hosting a film exchange workshop to spark discussion and peer review of unfinished or finished films.
The purpose of this event is to allow for a space to showcase ongoing student and scholarly work for the exchange of ideas and constructive feedback across departments and disciplines producing films and other film-based art and research on themes relating to Asian Urbanism.
This could include and is not limited to film or documentary submissions exploring changing dynamics of Asian cities, cultural narratives, memory, belonging, resistance, or movement in the city or urban space. We also extend this invitation to students and researchers producing films focusing on aspects or experiences of the Asian diaspora in Canada or in other parts of the world.
- Submission Portal: https://forms.gle/njgmy9R7R2Ktxgpz8
- Submission Deadline: 15th December 2019 by noon
- Method: Youtube or Vimeo link through the google submission portal (mentioned above)
- Length of Video: Under 20 Mins
- More than one submission is allowed, though only one may be selected from an author.
Film Screening Event: January 14th (Tuesday), 12 PM – 2:00 PM