Founded in 2019, the Canada-China Initiatives Fund (CCIF) was created to support scholarly exchanges and research on modern (i.e. post 1911) and contemporary China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan, their global reach, their linkages with Canada, or the experiences of the diaspora communities. It was created thanks to the generous support of the Asian Business and Management Program at York University.
YCAR is now accepting applications for the 22 January 2021 deadline for the Canada-China Initiative Fund for the following activities:
- Workshops or conferences “at York” (or in which York plays an institutional partnering role) that bring together researchers from York and elsewhere that are focused on CCF themes
- Virtual events and initiatives
- Research projects by York faculty on issues within the CCIF’s stated scope
- Graduate student field research in China or Canada (both domestic and international students registered at York will be eligible)
- Visiting scholars to York whose work is focused on the stated scope and who will work with a York faculty member, preferably on collaborative research.