YCAR invites applications from York University faculty and graduate students for the Canada-China Initiatives Fund call for proposals. Founded in 2019, the Canada-China Initiatives Fund (CCIF) was created to support scholarly exchanges and research on modern (i.e., post 1911) and contemporary China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan and their global outreach or Canada-China linkages, or the experiences of the Chinese-Canadian community. It was created thanks to the generous support of the Asian Business and Management Program at York University.
YCAR is now accepting applications for the 22 January 2023 deadline for the following activities:
- Workshops or conferences “at York” (or in which York plays an institutional partnering role) that bring together researchers from York and elsewhere that are focused on CCF themes
- Research projects by York faculty on issues within the CCIF’s stated scope
- Graduate student field research in China or Canada (both domestic and international students registered at York will be eligible)
- Visiting scholars to York whose work is focused on the stated scope and who will work with a York faculty member, preferably on collaborative research.
- The CCIF at YCAR Committee is responsible for the Fund and will adjudicate this opportunity. The next deadline will be Saturday, 22 July 2023. The application forms and more information are available on the website.