The York Centre for Asian Research (YCAR) is accepting applications for graduate awards for students conducting research related to Asia or Asian diasporas. The Centre offers eight awards to support a range of graduate research activities including fieldwork travel and language training:
- Albert C.W. Chan Foundation Fellowship (East or Southeast Asian studies)
- Vivienne Poy Asian Research Award
- David Wurfel Award for Philippine Studies
- YCAR Language Award
- N. Sivalingam Award in Tamil Studies
- The Nirvan Bhavan Graduate Fellowship (India or Indian diaspora studies)
- Dr. Sangdeok Woo and Mrs. Kwisoon Lim Woo Memorial Graduate Award (Korean studies)
- Young-Rahn Woo Memorial Graduate Award ($6,500)
YCAR invites graduate students from all disciplines to apply. Previous award recipients have represented research on migration, health, ageing, sexuality, technology, ecology, social movements, music and multiculturalism.
The deadline for all applications is Monday, 12 February 2018 before 4pm, with the successful applicant being notified within one month.
Visit http://ycar.apps01.yorku.ca/research-fellowships-awards/ for more details on eligibility criteria and application process.