The York Centre for Asian Research (YCAR) invites York faculty members or teaching assistants to nominate exceptional undergraduate student papers for the YCAR Undergraduate Asia Essay Awards.
A small monetary award of $100 is available for one recipient in each category: Geographic Asia and Asian Diaspora.
The winning papers will be published online as part of ‘New Voices on Asia’, a special occasional paper series at YCAR.
- The submission should be an original and unrevised version of a term paper
- It should have a substantive focus related to Asia or the Asian Diaspora
- It should have been submitted for a York university undergraduate class in the 2016-2017 academic year
- It should not have been published or recognized elsewhere
Submissions from faculty or TA nominators should include:
- Name, department and email of the nominator
- A brief paragraph detailing why the faculty member is nominating the essay
- A scan (or hard copy) of the student’s unrevised essay with the marker’s original comments on the essay included
- The student’s name, programme, year of study and email address
Nominations should be received at YCAR by 13 April 2017.
The awards will be adjudicated by the YCAR Awards Committee.
The 2017 recipients will be announced at the YCAR Annual General Meeting on 27 April 2017.
Questions and submissions can be emailed to email@example.com.