Volunteers are needed for a workshop and photo exhibition on “Girls with Disabilities in the Global South”, scheduled for 15 January 2016 at York University. This event is organized by Xuan Thuy Nguyen’s Monitoring Educational Rights for Girls with Disabilities (MRGD) project, funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) with support from YCAR. This event aims to mobilize knowledge about girls with disabilities in Vietnam and the global South through a workshop and photo exhibition presenting the visual work of girls with disabilities, and to set the stage for fostering a transnational conversation about girls with disabilities and inclusion in the global North and South.
We are seeking for volunteers who may be willing to offer support for this event through a variety of activities which include but are not restricted to:
- Keeping track of participants’ registration; giving support to participants at the reception and during workshop; assisting people with disabilities with their needs
- Hanging pictures and arranging in the exhibition space and the classroom.
- Facilitating during the workshop (you will be given specific instructions in advance)
- Helping with the data collection procedures, including delivering and collecting consent forms from participants, audiotaping, taking photographs, and video-taking
You will have an opportunity to:
- Gain essential skills and knowledge on the research process through a SSHRC funded project
- Gain knowledge on girls with disabilities in the global South through our knowledge mobilization agenda
- Develop your teamwork, facilitative and collaborative skills through involving yourself in the workshop.
- Participating and having fun!
Please join us to make the most of this event at York. Your assistance will be of great importance. Please contact YCAR at email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering for this event.